ALYSSA, KEENAN and DARIEN

ALYSSA, KEENAN and DARIEN
FAMILY MEMORIES

Friday, April 17, 2009

AJ's first dance performance ever!




This Easter, our baby girl finally got her chance to shine and show off her talent for the Lord's house! She performed(with some other girls too) an interpretative dance piece to the song "My Redeemer Lives" by Nicole C. Mullen. They did such a great job and the girls were all troopers as they had to do the dance number for all three services! AJ has never any formal dance training and we found out about this dance ministry at church just a little after the New Year. It has been quite a commitment getting her there every Tuesday from 6-9 and then a bunch of Saturdays for a couple of hours as well. But, she enjoyed it soooo much and I enjoyed seeing her use her gift which we are so hoping to invest more into within the coming years. Everyone said she looked a lot like me up there on stage and it's funny cause none of them knew about my dance background! If I can ever get around to scanning a pic of me at her age in my dance costume with my hair up, you would definately see the similarities! Don and I both cried as we watched her! The video is nothing great as I was trying to keep it straight while crying and keeping Keenan from jumping over the seats to get to her on stage! Don had the baby and we definately had our hands full, but we all managed to see the whole performance without the baby fussing or anything too crazy coming out of Keenan's mouth! Oh, I just can't tell you how proud we are of her for picking up all the choreography in such a short time. There are plans to continue this ministry and the girls have already been asked to perform at another church at the end of May. What a tremendous answer to prayer and a very sweet blessing for this momma's heart!

2 comments:

ryleeandnoahsmom said...

Wow...AJ did such an amazing job!! She really is quite talented and I had to keep reminding myself that she is only 7. Thanks for sharing this. It was really moving and so special to see her dance that way. Way to go, AJ!!!

carole said...

So sweet! I love that song...